Grenada, known as the ‘Spice Isle’, is one of the most beautiful and lush islands in the West Indies. It consists of Grenada itself and two smaller islands in the south-eastern Caribbean Sea. The nation gained independence from Britain in 1974 and is part of the British Commonwealth. The country has a small but open tourism-based economy. Its principal export crops are mace and nutmeg; Grenada is the world’s second-largest producer of nutmeg, after Indonesia.
The Grenada Citizenship-by-Investment Program was relaunched in August 2013 with the passing of the Citizenship by Investment Act, 2013
Grenada passport holders can travel visa-free to 144 destinations such as the UK and Schengen area as well as other key business and lifestyle destinations. Grenada is the only Caribbean country with a citizenship program that has visa-free access to China and holds an E-2 Investor Visa treaty with the US, which allows Grenadian citizens to apply to the US for a non-immigrant visa.
The Grenada Citizenship-by-Investment Program requires a person to make a significant economic contribution to the country. In exchange, and subject to a stringent vetting and due diligence process, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their families are granted citizenship. To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements, and satisfy one of the two primary qualifying options:
- National Transformation Fund (NTF) contribution option: A minimum non-refundable contribution to the NTF of USD 150,000 for a single applicant, or USD 200,000 for a family of up to four members
- Real estate option: To acquire property from a government approved real estate project for a minimum of USD 350,000 plus a minimum non-refundable contribution of USD 50,000. The real estate must be held for a minimum of three years
This immigration program required fast processing of 4 months* (Estimated timeframe)
Benefits of Grenadian Citizenship:
- There are no restrictions on dual citizenship in Grenada.
- Visa-free access to 144 destinations around the world
- The only Caribbean Citizenship-by-investment country which has visa-free access to China.
- Full citizenship with passport is granted to the applicant and included family members.
- Citizenship may be passed on to new spouses and passed down to future generations.