Launched in the second half of 2018, the Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment (MCBI) program is being developed by the Government of Moldova in partnership with the Moldovan Investment Company (MIC). The MCBI program requires applicants to make a defined economic contribution to the country through the Public Investment Fund. In exchange, and subject to a stringent vetting and due diligence process, including thorough background checks, applicants and their families are granted citizenship.
Nestled between Europe and Asia, the Republic of Moldova is home to more than 4 million people. Named after the Moldova River, where Prince Dragoş — the first ruler of Moldova — is believed to have first settled in the region, this quaint European country gained independence in 1991 and became a member of the UN in 1992.
In addition to its strong agricultural and food-processing industries and its growing free-market economy, Moldova is one of the world’s main wine exporters, with the Mileştii Mici winery on the outskirts of capital city Chişinău housing the largest wine collection in the world. The country’s wine-making practices date back almost 5,000 years.
Holders of the Moldovan passport can access 121 destinations, including Russia, Turkey, and the countries in Europe’s Schengen Area. The official language of Moldova is Romanian (termed ‘Moldovan’), while Russian is also spoken by many locals. Moreover, thanks to the country’s close relationship with the EU, English is widely spoken in most regions, and its usage is growing fast among the country’s multi-ethnic population.
Moldova has spearheaded some of the most impressive advancements in the tech world. It was the first nation globally to launch high-definition voice services for mobile devices, and Moldova is ranked 3rd in the world in terms of internet speed.
Qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements, and make the primary qualifying contribution:
A minimum non-refundable contribution to the Public Investment Fund (PIF):
- EUR 100,000 for a single applicant
- EUR 115,000 for a couple
- EUR 145,000 for a family of four
- EUR 155,000 for a family of five or more
This process will take up to 6 months* (Estimated timeframe)
Benefits of Moldova Citizenship Program:
- Dual Citizenship allowed by Moldova Government.
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 121 destinations around the world, including Russia, Turkey, and the countries in Europe’s Schengen Area
- Citizenship in a European country with an open culture, a continental climate and a charming landscape
- A reasonable contribution amount and a highly efficient application process
- Full citizenship, with passport rights, for the applicant and included family members
- Dependent children up to 29 years of age and parents (of either the main applicant or the spouse) from 55 years of age can be included
- Citizenship transferable to future generations without restrictions and at no additional charge
- Citizenship in a member state of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the World Trade Organization, and many more
- Citizenship in a state that has entered into an association agreement with the EU and is aiming to become a candidate country for EU membership